Saturday, September 14, 2019

But I'm supposed to be using it

I tried singing in the car on the way to pick up wood pellets for the grill; that didn't go great, but at least I can move my voice around a little bit. I tried to issue a thanks and joke about being a dumbass for giving up on reading the note on the payment terminal after "Use pen to sign" and trying to tap "debit" with my finger. He was living in a different world; unimpressed, in an almost stereotypical "teenager working retail" detached state.

After that, I tried recording a demonstration of a new bass guitar; the talking went fine, but the recording was garbage. Probably about 5 minutes total speech there.

And that's been it - I've fired out a few "hey bud"s to my cat but otherwise haven't had anything to say for myself in about 7 hours. My voice is working fine, I'm just not using it.

I'm sure that's exactly what the therapist wanted me to do, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment