Tuesday, December 31, 2019

So long, decade

 What's the message I'm supposed to take out of the last ten years? So much pain and suffering... personally spent a few ticks north of 80 percent of it fighting cancer, a battle that will, at best, result in a life-long DMZ situation in there.

I'm still here, though. If you're reading this, you are, too.

Positivity analysis: I don't trade paint with heart attacks when I go to the doctor anymore, I've spent another ten years at the helm of stringed instruments and performed semi-professionally for about 18 months (and even got an actual paid gig one of those nights), I made a car last me for over nine years, I'm another ten years down at work, I've been dragging friends with me to the state fair the whole decade, I made new friends toward the end here, I helped old friends tear down and rebuild a fence, I taught my housemate how to change her oil, I taught a bunch of people at work how to use a new computer system, I've gotten better at food and drink, I've donated to charity as part of a collective effort a few times, I've even made efforts to read Real Actual Books (which represents a significant battle of will against whatever my attention problems are).

I don't have an expectation that 2020 will be better. I don't have any expectation that the 2020s will be better. I know I will be, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment