Friday, September 5, 2014

return to "form"

I have a fantastic idea for "why do I have blog?" - it goes like this.

Each time I open Lightroom, I'm forcing myself to develop, proof, and upload a photo. I've been just tweeting them, but I think from now on, I'm going to post it here instead and write a little bit about it. Maybe give some context, some insight into the development process, or maybe just recount the day of the shoot.

To go back a couple days:






These doves were my friends in the spring of 2006. I had taken over classroom support management responsibilities and, with them, a desk and window in an office. I brought in a bird feeder, but it quickly became apparent that all I was getting were garbage birds. I tried filling it with black oil sunflower seeds instead, but nothing interesting was coming to eat. Then I forgot about it for a week or two and opened the window to see these two greeting me. They had started to eat the seeds that fell out of the feeder. I took it down and poured out its contents; for the next month or so, I had them as regular visitors. As long as I kept the window cracked about this far, they'd even let me watch them eat.

Photo was shot with a Pentax MX and I'm guessing the M50/1.7. I'd also guess Agfa color film, but I'd have to go find the negative to be sure - this is an old old old old old scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment