Saturday, July 3, 2010

Macro at the Wildlife Refuge









And finally:


I like that last one, but I have to admit, I cheated. I wanted to take a picture that was just the silhouette of the spider against the background, but I wasn't happy with the way it turned out. On a whim, I decided to drag the blacks control all the way to 100 before deleting it and I think I'm really happy with the result.

Here's the rest. The only two lenses I took were my 16-45 and my 50/4 macro, and only the first 3 were with the zoom.

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the dragonfly, especially in light of your use of a 50mm lens. Very nice.

    Doing fireworks photos this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragonfly started displaying for me; I guess I got too close but not too too close.

    I'm headed out in about half an hour to go downtown again. I'm taking my camera; we'll see how many pictures I bother to get. Weather should be nicer this year, which will make concentration easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you get or got the opportunity to put the weekend to good use!

    ReplyDelete