Tuesday, January 20, 2009

IT'S A LION, GET BACK IN THE CAR!

cat 1

desk and lens

Some more here.

Initial impressions? Shake reduction sure will be nice, but more than anything else: I have ISO 100, and I don't have to go into menus to control metering area or focus modes. Two wheels is a bit of a gimmick at this point, but I don't know - maybe I'll start shooting in manual as a response. I can't complain about the JPEG quality, but I don't have anything with any significant color in it here at my apartment. I think tomorrow, I will spend my lunch break taking pictures of all the junk I have on top of my desk from various angles. Autofocus is fast, the shutter is smooth, and buying this camera also upgraded my AF360FGZ because it actually supports being a wireless master controller. I'm going to go play with my stuffed santa after I finish this post.

It's heavy, though, and it doesn't quite hang right from the fingers the way the *ist DL does. I also need to get a better feel for why it shows me ISO on the status LCD in Av instead of shots remaining; I can sort of understand that being in the viewfinder, but not where you have to take your eye away from it. I haven't used live view yet. I might go to Patapsco Valley with a macro lens and tripod this weekend to play.

Update: Here, this was fun...
flashgame

1 comment:

  1. Nat,

    Wow... dropped off the face of the earth... Still no job. Sheesh, I even missed the arrival of a new camera!

    The two wheels makes a huge difference in SPEED once you get used to it.

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete