Sunday, August 24, 2008

On the true meaning of pain

I just made chili that was actually physically painful to put in my mouth.

I made a stab through the end, it took me four ounces of milk per forkful of food.

Something tells me I'll need to buy ingredients to dilute this one a little bit when I stop at the store tomorrow to buy more milk.

Update on the Content Vortex's Current Sad State: Well, I haven't done much of anything, as is clear. I did, however, find all of the stuff I had lost in a folder called .migration_temp that was buried somewhere in my directory structure to which I did not previously know I had write access. As awesome as that is, replacing my stylesheet and background graphic is easy enough - replacing all of the inline links to everything in the posts will be horrible and time-consuming, however, and may take me several eternities to fix.

We'll see how I do on all that, what with the busy season for school coming up.

2 comments:

  1. Nat,

    Might be time to consider a hosting service. Mine costs me about $60 or so a year, plus $10 for the domain, which I'm willing to pay because I would otherwise have changed e-mail addresses twenty times in the last few years. My current host is pretty good, although their webmail is a little buggy.

    I'm still trying to find a job, and despite having the time, I'm not getting out much, because everything is so darned crowded even in the sticks up here. NY...

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat,

    If I actually cared about having the newest technology, I'd be really cheesed right now with the announcement of the 50D. 15MP, and alledgedly better noise performance. But then, I prefer to wait until a camera is properly tested by hundreds of thousands of "beta testers."

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete