Sunday, August 3, 2008

on blindly doing stuff

I went to try to find a geocache in Daniels today... I was, as far as I can tell, right on top of it, but I had to give up when something got into my eye and forced me to stop. When I got back to my car, it turned out it was actually a little tiny fly - little red eye and all, still stuck near the inside corner of my eye.

Yeah so... I'm done going outside until I have my full-shade sunglass lenses tomorrow.

Incidentally, if you go out on the first nice day in two months, expect to run into a lot of people who are blocking the road with their kayaks, or that guy who was poking algae with his fishing rod.

No, I don't get it either.

4 comments:

  1. sounds less than fun. all i got in my eyes this weekend was sawdust - my safety goggles are more or less crap. i should replace them i suppose, but it doesn't matter for MOST of what i do.

    trivia for the weekend - installing, sanding, and finishing wood floors isn't so bad a thing. granted, we only did a small room, but still, coolish. drywall is next however, and i'm very not good it it, so yeah, impending fun....

    no pictures all weekend, will bother this week of the construction type stuff.

    -GMT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, back out today - I think the thing that's at the post office is my polarized lens kit, so hopefully, I should be able to see today and not have to contend with everything else.

    Loading up the DL, MX, 24, 43, 77, 50 macro, and probably my 50-200 (though maybe not).

    Hmm... between that and my GPS receiver, looks like I'll have to take the big backpack. Oh well... at least I'll finally start killing some film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 lenses! i've never bothered to carry more than the lens on the body, a second lens (and viewfinder if needed), and a 2nd camera - typically fixed lens. maybe (definitely) i'm just lazy.

    -GMT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat,

    I got out today, too.

    Went back to Mohonk Preserve, only this time I visted the cliff trails. There were blueberries EVERYWHERE, so I decided I would turn around and not get eaten by a bear.

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete