Monday, June 2, 2008

on moving

An excerpt from a status email I'm writing about my move-out process:

I have most of the loose junk from all over my room boxed. Yesterday, I took all of my music stuff over to the apartment and hid it in various places so it continued to look like nobody lived there yet. That exposed a great deal of floorspace, so much so that you wouldn't even recognize the place now! I should take a picture when I get home.

The cat was enjoying himself while I had my entire train of junk stacked up all over my bedroom with a big trash bag and big recycling bag next to each other in front of the fridge, but later turned on me and went insane after I had everything cleared up and he could actually move about the room uninhibited. He started yelling at empty patches of walls, at the two stacks of finished boxes I made, and bare carpet over near my computer. He also decided that he really needed to get inside of a box containing a t-shirt, two pairs of gloves, and the original packaging from my Panda-Z figurine. I had placed my bucket on top of it to keep it shut, and he went over right after I turned off the light and started trying to open the box without first removing said bucket... THOOMP THOOMP THOOMP came the sounds from the wall as I sprung forth from my bed while trying to figure out whether or not I wanted to yell at him to feel better about myself. The box ended up in the closet on top of my underwear and he went to sleep shortly after another tour of "HEY! EMPTY CARPET! I SEEEEEE YOU....." with much pouncing on the imaginary rats and small children he must think live there.

The important lesson for this part of the story is that if you really, really want to confuse a deaf animal, clean up your room. I can't wait to see what happens when I rearrange the living room later today, and then again tomorrow when I shampoo the other part of the carpet.


No comments:

Post a Comment