Monday, February 5, 2007

Calendar

Friday night, true to their word, OIT applied the daylight savings time experiment patch to the calendar system. This meant that any appointments scheduled between March 11 and April 1 had to be moved back one hour, because neither the university nor Oracle could devise a way to change these appointments automatically. This in spite of the fact that ALL events stored on the calendar system are stored in UTC, not the local time zone according to the date they're scheduled.

It would seem there was a problem manufactured somewhere.

Regardless, true to my word, I spent the initial two and a half hours of my day dutifully moving appointments. Right as I finished, my supervisor came back to tell me that she was listening to other people complain about having "just found out" they had to move their events.

Let me rephrase that: I moved 271 appointments in less time than it took some other people to merely complain about having to move two dozen.

Ahh, efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment