Sunday, April 9, 2006

Cherry Blossom Festival

At long last, I've managed to scan and share two pages of cherry blossoms and such. Okay, some of the shots on the second page are not of blossoms. But! I took some 50 or so pictures of those, so forgive me for not actually scanning all of them.

[edit from 2019: I'm leaving this post up as a sort of historical record of dealing with shooting flowers without a dedicated macro lens]

That said, a few notes:

I apologize for the scratches in the shots. As I always have to do.

A lack of sharpness in some/most pictures can be attributed to me having to run Photoshop CS2's Dust and Scratches filter on them. It works somewhat well, but it also does a good job of murdering some fine detail.

Most of the up-close shots are from my 50mm f/1.7 reverse mounted to the camera. The full-frame shots of the single blossoms are the 24mm f/2.8 reverse mounted. Close focus with deep field of focus are probably the 24mm, though a couple here and there might be the 50mm.

Blossoms 1-21 are Kodak 400UC, as is the leaf sprout picture. The rest are Agfa Optima 400.

The pictures are gigantic in physical size because I plan on using a couple different ones as wallpaper at work. The total gallery size is like 24 megabytes, so you may want to be selective in viewing images if you are not on broadband.

No comments:

Post a Comment