Sunday, April 16, 2006

Centennial Park

At the recommendation of a friend, I went to Centennial park today to birdwatch. I did so lazily, but still saw and laughed at the following species of birds.

Less obvious:
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
White-Throated Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Grackle
Red-Winged Blackbird (including a juvenile)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Eastern Towhee
Ruby Crowned Kinglet
Brown Thrasher

Better known birds:
Canada Geese
Turkey Vulture
Cardinal
Blue Jay
Goldfinch
House finch
Mockingbird
Robins (a LOT of them)
Mourning Doves

The ones I'm not so sure about:
Swallows of some sort
A martin? Maybe some kind of giant swift?
some VERY loud little bird i have yet to see from a good angle

And, not a bird, but I saw a GIANT frog that let me get within three feet of it, so I have a pretty good-sized picture of it sitting there.

I'll post pictures when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment