Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Joy Season

So it's been a long few weeks here... I apologize, as I have been too busy to keep my five readers up-to-date on content.

School:
Done with my last real term, I can finally sit back and breathe easy. My grades were okay, I got a C, two Bs, and an A so far. English is still out, so I don't get to celebrate just yet (in spite of being confident of A or B level work). I did nothing but write papers for the last three weeks of the semester, so I don't know how well they ended up, especially the later of the series. Next term I'm registered for Germanic Mythologies and the survey Shakespeare course. That's it, then: done.

Work:
I'd been getting done preparing for the next Coordinator to take over while I stepped up to be interim supervisor of classroom support operations. I continued doing nice things for the people I thought deserved it, but in my race to get out of the office Wednesday night, I forgot to run reports for the winter term. Oh well, I'll have to do that when I get back. No big deal.

Utah:
I'm in Sandy right now. I've been going ape about the birds outside, though it's led to my Quixotic quest to retreive a reasonably close picture of a magpie. They're afraid of me; it's somewhat depressing. The blue jays here are very tame, though. They'll come down and grab peanuts while I'm standing between six and eight feet away. I've never had a bird do such a thing before, so that's a neat experience. I'll have to share the better pictures of both the jays and the flickers when I get them developed.

I return the fifth of January. Until then, I'd recommend you contact me by way of phone.

For what it's worth, Happy day of rest of your choosing or no day of rest at all depending on your tastes and customs.

No comments:

Post a Comment