Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm a part of the crowd

Well, kind of, anyway.

I'm kicking off the new academic year with an iPod mini. It's silver and the 4 gigabyte flavor, nothing too special. I decided to go ahead and reencode my music into AAC instead of MP3 to save a lot of space. Example: Dream Theater went from 960 megabytes to 630. If I did that for my entire library, it would shrink from 10.1 gigabytes to 7.4 or so. Amazing.

One thing I will mention (and the reason for the "sort of" part of the crowd sentiment) is that I will not be caught dead with white earphones. A) I don't want to be "that guy" that I hate... shows up too early makes a lot of noise, etc. B) I live in and jaunt about the Washington, D.C. metro area. I really don't need to become a mugging statistic, and using "generic" headphones makes it possible for me to tell myself I'm okay. But it works out really well in the end, because iPod earphones don't fit me comfortably and they sound like terrible. Yes, sound like terrible. I got a set of sony in ear dillies, they sound pretty good and come with a cord organizer.

OCD says what?

Class starts tomorrow. I... class starts tomorrow. Guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment