Monday, August 29, 2005

berkley musings

April 24, 2003--
I may pull an all nighter tonight.

I got to thinking about it, I really don't want to go home tonight. It offers no advantages. But that is, of itself, of no consequence.

I live in Berkley, in case you were not aware, which is located approximately in the Ghetto. Some highlights in my history with the building?


Elevators breaking at least once a month
Blood all over floors following a bottle fight in said elevators
Hate crime narrowly averted by virtue solely of my friends race
Beer on floors/walls/celings (don't ask)
Broken locks repeatedly
Management failing to inform us of when entrances would be closed for cleaning

It's quite the experience, if you're into unnecessary tension. I'll be very glad to be done living there. Seven Springs seemed nice enough, but it was quite a bit more expensive, if I recall correctly, and given that I am a poor bastard, it was flat out. Oh well. Now I live in wam lab PG2. And I'm going to plato's in a while, because to hell with home. I may sleep in my car or something, but no way am I going home tonight. so I tell myself, I'll probably crack under pressure.

I tried to do some homework tonight, with Excel (the filthiest program this side of Matlab) because I needed to compute lots of stuff. Well lo and behold, filthy filthy Excel can't calculate sin(90*180/pi()) correctly. It should be 1, but excel gives me -0.954, which is almost no further than can be strayed from the truth. Nothing about it is negative, plus since sin(90) should be 1, it's filth-ridden-ly stupid. (the 180/pi is for radian-to-degree conversion) I love it when I sit down to actually try to do work and God looks down from upon high and laughs, because let's face it, me working is by far and away the most ludicrous thing ever.

Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment