Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Hey, look at that

I redid the header. It's all fancy now, what with the picture and some margins and a box. You like it, I know you do.

You're jealous?

No? Oh, okay, I can only ask so much, after all.

So yeah, concert was good. Gin Blossoms put on a pretty good show, although the one guitar guy kept staring vapidly at the closed concession stands behind the endzone. Their singer crowdsurfed and sang into cell phones. Good times.

Chevelle was allright, although the sound person was something of a moron and mixed everything too hot, so all you heard was raspy distortion. Additionally, one of the drummer's toms was on too loud. The bass player didn't sing half as much harmony as he does on the recordings I've heard, and the guitar player did almost nothing but yell. Good high energy at first, but the "power ballads" toward the end just made everything seem to drag on.

Nancy and I left after three songs. She managed to get me to say they were boring; I guess that's true. I maintain they weren't that bad, but certainly as a follower to chevelle and as closer to a late show, it wasn't high energy enough to keep me interested. That and Guster fans anger me. Not quite as much as chevelle 'fans,' though.

Anyway, we shivered about the mall for a while before heading our separate ways, then the rest of the weekend, I was trying to recover from yelling and being pneumonic (is that a word) all day Friday. I consider it worthwhile, though.

In Other News
I installed Tiger Friday. Runs fine, a bit faster graphically speaking than Panther was. I've made an automator workflow already, it moves files and opens them for me. Dashboard is neat, but it takes up too much memory to justify using right at the moment. When I get around to buying a new system later this year, I'll probably put a gigabyte of RAM in it, and then I can really start dinking around with things.

This leads me into my stylistic change. I like it. The real purpose of this particular update was to move images off the main screen so I could tell if it looks good. Hopefully this is the case, as I don't feel like changing it, nor do I feel like reverting it.

I'm so lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment