Friday, March 18, 2005

If only I had a digital camera...

[edit from 2019: there was some incoherent rambling about someone that drove a Rav4 walking on a sidewalk as flavor text for what I think was a missing drawing?]

I've been hanging out at the Starbucks in Seaside, CA for the last two days because I came on a Thursday to visit Katy. We had dinner last night, but she's got school and homework and all that stuff today, so that was pretty much that. It's been fun, though... yesterday I was here from 3 to about 5:15 and I got to witness four rushes... that was pretty entertaining, I guess. By the end of my first half hour there, I had moved into a chair quite literally in the corner well away from the action. As I had remarked to Jeff, it was more interesting for me to watch the Grackles outside being dumb little birds than it was to watch the ebb and flow of people who look better than I do. I wouldn't fit in here if it weren't for the mac.

Today, my table's been occupied by a naval aviator, or aviation candidate, I'm not sure. He's studying or something, and so that's cool I guess. The other tables are occupied by old people, so I'm back to the door and getting a blast of cold air every time a customer comes in.

This starbucks is staffed by actual friendly employees, which is a drastic change of pace from most Starbucks I've been to. Go west coast. Also, I was awake for 38 hours between wednesday and thursday. I just thought you should know that.

Um... well, that's my mamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment