Tuesday, February 1, 2005

oh so many hours

I'm in the filthy Electronic Media Center for the evening. 5:30 to 10:00 pm, for all intents. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with myself for four and a half hours. I brought my CDs with me because I knew about this in advance, and I am listening to Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence because I am some kind of prog metal fanboy.

Could be worse.

I wish I had brought my bass. I wish I had ______, for that matter. Something... to do. I have two tasks: keep the lab open until 9 so that one girl can come back, and train Sue how to do checkouts and run the lab. The latter will last from maybe 6:30 to 7:00. Yeah, fun holler, represent.

I did something amusing on the wall for here. It's a notice. We have a severe problem with people misusing our loaner equipment in this office. Right now, for example, one of our digital video cameras (the newest and best model) is missing without a trace. AWOL, if you will. Since I am fed up with being jerked around by the art department students, I won't stand for this. Much less will I stand for it from coworkers. Thus, the notice:

ATTENTION EMC EMPLOYEES

Did you check out the DV-6?
I only ask because I can't seem to find it or any record of where it went.
I mean, I'm only trying to keep the place running well.
No, no no no, it's not your job to help me.
I am schvitzing all over the place up here though because the camera cost a lot of money and, you know, these days you can't count on funding to replace lost items or any of that
What am I saying, it's not a trouble, don't bother yourself. I mean, we'll all only get fired but really, you shouldn't bother yourself with trying to figure out where it went.

All that in progressively smaller text, from 36 on down to 12. Nothing like Jewish guilt, I hear, might as well try it.

But then I drew this:
Snoogans!

It's only going to get worse, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment