Monday, January 31, 2005

Rather than one waste of time...

[edit from 2019: I used to talk about slashdot articles. I didn't have a link to Kevin Rose from G4 making a literal hackintosh by mutilating a Mac Mini, and I also think I used to think it was really super cool to run windows on a Mac. Boy how the times have changed.]

Anyway, colossal waste of time because he had to use a prototype motherboard that didn't have wireless networking, bluetooth, or even a lowly CD drive, and the piece of garbage will melt down because he had to hack away part of the heat sink and put the hard drive on top of said hacked part when finished.

Blah blah, I know.

Short story long, I found [edit from 2019: someone made a RAID array out of USB floppy drives, which was funny to me at the time; sadly, the link is dead] this mac-based hack to be much more entertaining and "because I can" worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment