Tuesday, January 25, 2005

HAHAHA

I bought the fortress. Pictures will come when they come, [edit from 2019: I'm sure the picture post is dead, and the mp3 that used to be here definitely IS dead :( ]

The rundown? I went to Glen Burnie's Guitar Center to see if they had Rockbass by Warwick there. This wasn't the case, so I drove to Towson and told the guitar person, in no uncertain terms, that I was too short to try the guitar I wanted. He left me alone for a while and I decided that I much preferred the sound of the fortress to the corvette classic. There's just more mass to it, you know? Anyway, took it to the desk and asked him if he had any sunburst in stock. He said no, that the honey one was the only one they had. But... haha! if I could live with the color, he informed me, I would receive the bass at a "stupid" price. $599 regularly, on "clearance" for $499 with gig bag. Yeah! As I just discovered, it also came with polish (that I can't use), a trussrod tool, adjusting tools, and the thickest guitar manual I've ever seen in my life.

Needless to say, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment