Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Sick days "rule"

That is, eventually they do. See, I woke up at 9:45 or so and ended up not getting on the road this morning until 10:15. That's all fine and dandy, ordinarily, but while I was waiting for Jeff to finish bathrooming, I read my email.



"I printed your schedule out for you. It's on my desk."



Shit, okay so now I have to haul to campus, haul from the parking garage, and then haul around key because I KNOW I will be late. Oh, and I didn't mention the best part: I slept in because I woke up at 8 feeling terrible. Sore throat, stuffed up, et cetera.



Yeah, long story short, 2 metro busses later, I didn't even get to campus and parked until 10:48. 10:57 and I'm in the building, that's 9 minutes from door shut/locks armed to Key, a distance of approximately CSPAC to the other side of campus. It's only due to my amazing and admirable skills in the area of "being a perfect employee" that I got any of my work done.



After that, things started looking up. There was some neat distraction somewhere along the line, but what's far more important is that my boss and I traded sloth and ended up switching our 1:45 appointments so that she only had to go do a retrieval in Susquehanna hall and I had to do a delivery in Cole Field House, thereby eliminating both her need to go all the way to Cole and my need to walk all the way across campus effectively twice at that time.



After that it was all good. Dream Theater in the car on the way back, stopped at giant for more soup, then ate said soup and additional, previously procured soup at the apartment. I've watched two Law and Order episodes (both of which I missed out on key parts of last night), played bass, and laid about meaninglessly. All I have to do eventually is go find ground turkey.



Sigh... still, too bad I have been moping about bachelor style.



"Bart, don't feed your sister hotels." - Marge

and...

pointless link

No comments:

Post a Comment